Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Travel Diary


Usually, I keep a dairy with myself while traveling to new places. Since I have started a blog, I was thinking maybe it is a good idea to write some of my traveling experiences here. This way I can get rid of those paper diaries by documenting my trips in electronic format.

After travelling to many of the usual touristic places in Europe (usually capital cities), I thought of taking a break and travel to the more relaxing and regional touristic places. Travelling and seeing major cities can be sometimes tiring and exhaustive. So when (in 2009) my friends asked me if I was interested in going on a trip to north-west border of France (Region: Brittany), I readily agreed. But I must confess here that the major part of that “Yes” contributed to the piece of information that they were also planning to visit Mont Saint-Michel during this trip! Now, this was something I was craving for a long time. I don’t know why but I had some kind of a fascination for this place. Moreover, in the past I had also been on a fun trip to Lake Constance (a lake between the borders of Germany, Austria and Switzerland), also called Bodensee with the same group of friends. So I knew I will have a great company on the trip. In a couple of days we made all the bookings and were all set for an exciting holiday along the north-west coastline of France.

I will try to write about the trip in the next days.

No comments: