Thursday, October 6, 2011

Latest on the Playlist

Late last night I was returning from a friend's place after dinner. On the way, while listening songs on my iPod in the shuffle mode, this song started playing which I happened to hear after a long time. There was a time when I used to hear it n-number of times. The original song is pretty old but the two renditions which I like the most are:




The first one is a much more polished version which might have been perfected in a studio but what I like most about it is the fusion of music instruments with the vocals. The flute piece towards the end just melts me away. I think, I have a thing for flute. I feel it might be the only instrument which can make me go weak in my knees, when played. Another flute piece which I like a lot among new songs is the one in Tanhai from Dil Chahta Hai.

The second rendition when heard even without the video sounds more sincere and straight from the heart. That is what I like about it. Moreover the vocals in the second one are far better than the first.

I have listened both the renditions a million times but even today I cant decide which one is better. Sometimes I feel the power punch comes from the lyrics than anything else which just hits you! How about your opinions?

No comments: